In the past, I had talked about google adsnse is showing unrelated adsense ads on this blog. So after weeks, I can see the ads are still not very targeted. This is certainly has to do with the main niche of the site and this blog being a part of it, google adsense is getting confused.

Anyway to make google adsense show relevant ads, I am looking to use adsense section targeting.


In case you have not heard of or never used it, adsense section targeting allows you to show google ads on the basis of a particular section of the content. So if you have a blog with menu, sidebar and footer, you can use this code in your html code with the main content in it and adsense will not consider the other non related element of the site.


..
Only this content will be considered by google adsense
..
if you want to avoid a particular section of the page (say menu or footer), you can use this code


..
this content will NOT be considered by google adsense
..
I am looking to insert the first code in the wordpress theme of the blog with something like this -



This will only target blog post content for adsense, I hope this will make the ads more targeted. I will keep this updated if I see some improvement.

Source: mwolk

0 comments